Guidelines for safely feeding treats

Treats are one of the best ways of interacting with your pet, since they can be used as a training aid, to help relieve the need to chew or just as a reward to make them happy.

However it is important to keep a few points in mind to make sure both you and your furry friend will enjoy the best experience:

 

  1. Always supervise your pet while he is chewing a treat. This is very important because if you see him trying to swallow a whole bone, having any type of difficulty while chewing or any other potentially dangerous situation, you will be able to remove the treat immediately.
  2. Avoid giving the treat in a carpeted area or other location that can get stained. Our treats are know for being delicious to pets, which can cause salivation and eventually make a mess out of your carpet. This would be the same as the owner eating a lasagna in your bed, it is something you want to avoid!
  3. Our treats are not recommended for aggressive chewers or dogs that have a tendency of swallowing food/treats in whole pieces. Our treats are meant to be chewed by pets, not swallowed.
  4. Make sure you give treats that are larger than your pet’s mouth, to prevent swallowing.
  5. Remove treat immediately if you see that it has splintered or small fragments break off.
  6. Always provide plenty of fresh water to your pet.
  7. Our treats are meant for adult, healthy dogs. They are not recommended for animals with digestive problems, allergies/sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients, animals with teeth issues or recovering from surgeries, or aggressive chewers.

 

Should you have any questions about our products, please call our pet specialists at 1-800-881-4590, weekdays from 9am-5pm Central Time.